Tuesday, September 16, 2014

BLOG #1


This article was about Youth, and how they are able to have a voice inside an adult world. The youth and adults are working together to advance their community. YIA is an organization that helps youth create a voice. There are so many adults, whether there teachers or parents who look down upon some youth. To me this is not fair to be stereotyped because of where you came from or who your parents are. The YIA gives these youth a chance to be heard and they must feel like they have a purpose.
When I was in school I was not the best student. I felt as though I did not have to talk because I was not asked about or cared about. With the YIA I feel as though they care about these kids and want to make a different in their lives. When I was student teaching at a few Providence schools I had witnessed some teachers not caring as much for some students. The “bad” students would always be left out and left to do what they wanted, while the “good” students would always be getting the help when if they did not need it. The YIA should be in every community to help better students with their education and life decisions.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that a lot of parents and teachers put students on pedal still, and they should not because everyone is different. I liked your post.

    ReplyDelete